About the Event
SABA 2020 Book Awards
This is an online event - so no restrictions where you are in the world. No problems with social distancing or any other challenges! As long as you have stable internet connection, you will be able to join the award ceremony as part of the audience!
SABA Book Awards are unique for various reasons. One of the key differences from other book awards is that ecah attendee contributes towards the prize. So a % of every ticket goes to the winners fund and is evenly divided between the 7 category winners.
Anothr unique aspect is the nominations are FREE and open to authors, audiobook narrators and book illustrators that are also self published / independent. Many book awards only accept nominations from known publishing houses and have a high entry fee. SABA Book Awards gets rid of those restrictions!
Being online in 2020, the awards also has the capacity to accept a larger audience, thanks to the arrangement in place with integrated partners including Zoom and Eventbrite.
This is a great way for eveyone - book lovers, authors, publishers, audiobook narrators, book illustrators - to enjoy being in the audience and also helping the winners.
The winners will also receive a promotional package worth £ 500 from event host Sound Advice.
Tickets - Early Bird 35% Discount
This is the same as the standard ticket, but at a discounted price as a special promotion for those that purchase their ticket early. Early Bird Ticket closes September 5th, 2020
Tickets - Standard
The standard ticket gives you access to the main online SABA 2020 Book Awards ceremony on December 5th, 2020. Share in the excitement of being part of a global event and enjoy the range of guests that are in the show. Standard Ticket closes December 1st, 2020
- Special guest presenters!
- During the awards ceremony, the short list for each category will be shown.
- Then the winners of the 7 categories will be announced. They will each give an acceptance speech.
- Each winner will be presented with their prize
- Winners will recite a short highlight from their winning work.
- Each winner will be interviewed (short interview)
- News for 2021
Backstage Tickets - Would you like to meet with the winners of each category? Well with the add-on option, you can choose to meet online with the winner of a category or you can purchase multiple categories.
You will be part of a small group (maximum 8 persons) that will be in the online room with the winner of your chosen category. The Chair of the Judging Panel will do a short interview with the category winner and then the session is open for you and the others in the room to talk with and ask questions of the winner.
Each backstage session will last approximately 1 hour.
SABA Book Club - Use this add-on to join the SABA Book Club for a 1 year membership.
Donations - One way that you can help the winners of the categories is to make a donation, seen on the Add-Ons option. This will be added to the other prizes that they receive. We will forward 85% of your donation to the winners fund. The other 15% will go towards the expenses of the SABA 2020 Book Awards.
Everyone of you play a part in the amount the winners receive. Each Category winner will receive the following 2 prizes:
- Promotion Package - from Sound Advice to help them promote their publications and profile. (Value £ 500)
- Monetary prize - They will receive 35% of the ticket sales and 85% of any donations that are made as an Add-On during order. That total value will be equally divided between the 7 winners. (Example: if we sold £ 10,000 tickets and received £ 10,000 of donations, the winners fund would get £ 3500 from tickets sales + £ 8500 from donations. Total of £ 12,000. That would be divided into 7 equal amounts. So in this example, each of the 7 winners would get £ 1714).
For more information about SABA and these events and options, visit:
Nominate an author, audiobook narrator or illustrator